Investing By Consensus

A Personal Finance blog actively looking for advice on growing my investments.
I will completely detail levels and sources of my income and all investments.

Thursday, June 01, 2006

May Month-End Net Worth

I just posted my new month-end for May at NetWorth.com . It looks like I'm back to where I was 2 months ago. 2 Months salary down the drain - I made 2 months salary in that time ($10000 - about $5000 per month after taxes), but my portfolio has dropped by the same amount in those 2 months. All my gains erased by this fickle market. That's what I have for being so heavily invested in stocks. It's really tough to manage my stocks from here in Japan. Once I get back to the US I'll be more proactive.

The other problem was an un-expected $950 payment for a new hot water heater and installation for my house that I am renting out. Is that a normal price for a 30 Gallon? With me in Japan and no property management (which I said I will look into in 2 years), the tenant was without water for 2 days and had to arrange the repairmen and replacement hot water heater themself. They knew that they'd have to do those kinds of things going in to it. But, it's still a pain. And, a big cost.

I will post the 3rd and final post dealing with my work history soon. It will just graph my total gross at each age and discuss where I'm headed with pay.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home